- Importance of Liability Insurance for Dangerous Services Like Tree Removal
Running a tree removal business without adequate liability insurance is not wise and you must have it to run it successfully. There are a lot of factors that affect the viability of a tree removal business such as reliability of services, clarity in invoicing, experience & qualification of the staff, etc. But, there are also some hidden factors that decide the success or failure of a business. One such thing is setting the right coverage in your liability insurance.
What is Liability Insurance?
Liability insurance is the insurance paid to damages caused by a person, material or automobile to a person, material or automobile when the work is in progress.
It is of many types such as General Liability Insurance, Automobile Insurance and Workers’ Compensation, etc. among which the workers’ compensation is the most expensive for a tree removal Greenville SC business to buy.
- General Insurance: This liability insurance covers damages caused by unexpected and unavoidable accidents such as a tree falling on your roof. If the accident involves a vehicle or a person, then the damage could not be covered using General Liability insurance.
- Automobile Insurance: If the damage caused is due to an on-road vehicle, then a third party automobile insurance could pay for the damages. Though it covers damages, it does not cover injuries or accidents to tree workers due to automobiles.
- Workers’ Compensation: The most expensive liability insurance is the workers’ compensation. When a tree worker is injured or met with an accident at work, the workers’ compensation covers the expenses to be paid for treating the injury, loss of wages and any other damages to the worker. This is one of the most important insurances that every tree removal Greenville SC businesses should possess.
Why is it important?
Many companies have business cards that say just “insured” on it, but not what type of insurance could they offer to their customers. This may be considered as a way to trick customers to sign up with those companies for companies that tackle tree removal in Greenville SC. Because, if a company fails to cover the workers’ compensation or general insurance when some damages are caused at work, then all the expenses should be borne by the customer. And, the company that said it was “insured” may just vanish into the thin air overnight.
Thus, liability insurance is an unavoidable part of any tree removal service in Greenville SC and issuing a copy of the insurance certificates to all the customers are sure to make them rely on your more than other companies.
- What You Need to Know When Hiring Wealth Management Firms in Toronto
Wealth management firms are more prevalent than they ever have been before. This can be looked at as a good thing–more individuals and family are seeking out solid, professional advice to help them navigate the complex world of investing. However, this can also lead to confusion over how to look for a wealth management firm that aligns well with your financial needs as well as your personality.
Though the entire process seems simple, the truth is that you also have to prepare for it. You cannot just hire someone to do the job while you sit doing nothing. There are things that you need to be familiar of as well if you want this endeavor to end up the way you wanted to. Here are some of the things that you might want to know to help ensure you find a good fit:
- Not all wealth managers are actually good at managing investments. Some of them are just good at marketing and talking a good game. This is the reason why they are being hired to do the job. Wealth management firms want to bring back more clients without necessarily looking at how they can potentially grow their clients’ investments. Of course, this is not the type of partner that you want for your investment. Insist on looking at their track record of either out-performing or under-performing the market for long time horizons.
- Be aware of the fees that you might incur during the process. You’ll want a wealth management firm that is up front and clear about their compensation structure. Typical models include fixed fee, commission, or a standard annual percent of net worth. Understand how the fee structure might impact your long term net worth.
- Related services. Some wealth managers focus only on growing your assets. A more comprehensive approach could benefit you in the long run, as you integrate your financial needs for things like insurance, retirement planning, real estate planning and others.
- Determine if your wealth manager is really concerned in making your investment grow or if he is just concerned over his personal gains. You don’t want to partner with someone who is selfish and has no intention to help you. Therefore, to be safe, you have to do a trial partnership. Some wealth management firms in Toronto such as ETF Capital Management offer this. When you get this service, then you will have enough time to determine whether or not you are heading towards the right direction.
It is not easy to choose the best partner for investment management. Given how hard you have worked earning and saving your money, take the appropriate time to shop around for a suitable partner who can help you safely invest and grow your money… so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.